Thursday, January 21, 2010

the visitor

Last night, we had a couple of unexpected visitors at our house. If they had come by last Tuesday I would have been mortified because my house last week was a disaster every day. Sunday night, john and I decided that every night before bed we would do a “10-minute pick up”. We have done really well this week! So, when company came by, my house was clean except for toys out. Whew! We had a good visit and they were on their way.

But it got me to thinking - - If God showed up on my doorstep, would I be ready for His visit. Yes, of course He lives in me and is with me all the time, but for me this is not an easy concept to grasp. I like to pretend He can’t see and hear everything I do – like I can actually hide from the Creator of the Universe! What are you doing right now, at this very moment? Are you having a conversation you shouldn’t be? Are you looking at something on the internet you shouldn’t be? Are you flirting with temptation you should be running from? Are you ready for His visit right this second? I cannot honestly say that I am. My life is in need of a 10-minute pick up…ok maybe even more than 10-minutes! Where is your heart today? Are you ready for His visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment