Thursday, January 21, 2010

find it in him

Good afternoon everyone! If you are having a rainy day like we are here in Lawton, I will pray energy your way! I have been ready for a nap since I woke up this morning!

This weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Edmond and work at McLaren’s Pantry. McLaren’s is a bakery I worked at during college. This place is more than an old job to me. When I walked in the door, my heart filled with an ease that only comes when you are really at home. My former boss, and very dear friend, Kathy and I began to work. I looked up after a while and realized that three hours had gone by…it was wonderful.

Working there, with Kathy never feels like work. Kathy and I are a great team. We work with fluidity that only comes with trust and teamwork. When I left my heart ached a little because I know I can’t be there every day. Then I asked God, “what’s the lesson Lord?” He gently replied to my heart as He always does. The lesson sweet one, is for you to learn to work with Me as you work with Kathy and for you to find the same peace in me that you find when you are at McLarens. You see, the bakery for me is therapy…relaxation…energy…and joy all wrapped up in one place. The Lord showed me that while it is wonderful to have an actual place like that to go to, it is nothing compared to what He offers me every single day. My challenge is to stop longing for the things we have left behind and realize what we have here….in Jesus. There is no greater one to work with than the Creator of the universe…

No comments:

Post a Comment