Thursday, January 21, 2010

where you are

Yesterday, sweet Claire was sick. John brought her to my office around 8am so I could take her to the doctor. I just have to say that Claire is so precious! She had ear infection in both ears and the doctor increased her breathing treatments to three times a day and you would have never known she felt bad. She was so happy and sweet to everyone! amazing! After the doctor’s appointment I called John’s parents to see if I could bring Claire to their house for the day. They were at John’s grandma’s house in Walters. So, I was going to run her to Walters to meet them. David was giving me directions and I was doing my best to keep up. He stopped and talked to Sherrie, John’s mom, and they decided that it would be best if they came to Lawton and picked her up.

Really? They knew I could drive to Walters and drop her off. But they also knew it would be much easier on me and my work day if they came and picked her up. They were willing to meet me where I was instead of making me come all the way by myself. What a perfect picture of Christ’s love for us. Wherever you are this moment….He will meet you there. He will not make you crawl the entire way back to Him on your own. If you ask, He will come swoop you up in His arms and carry you the rest of the way. Stop trying so hard to write down directions and make it on your own. Your Father is ready. Ready to meet you and love you right where you are…let Him won’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment