Thursday, January 21, 2010

treadmill stalker

So, I go to the gym as much as I can. I won’t say I go every day, because that just doesn’t happen! But I am there about four days a week. Anyway, I have treadmill stalkers. A treadmill stalker is a person who comes into the room with 20 open treadmills and chooses to run on the one right next to the one you are on. arg. Really annoying and very improper gym etiquette. So, lately I have been calling out these women. Twice now, I have said, “may I ask why you chose the treadmill right next to mine when there are so many open ones available.” I have gotten the same response from two different women. “I like to challenge myself by running next to someone.” I laugh at this response because I am NOT a fast runner by any means, so there is really no challenge…you are going to win if you run next to me!

Yesterday I began to think about who challenges me in my life. Spiritually, physically, emotionally. I love to be in the company of people who better my life. People who challenge me to live by God’s Word….who don’t allow me to stay in my pits….who truly want God’s best for my life. I am abundantly blessed to have friends that challenge my heart to seek after His will and accept nothing less than His best for my life. As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another – Proverbs 27:17. Today, be thankful for those people in your life who love you right where you are…and for those that refuse to leave you there and will carry your burdens straight to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment