Tuesday, February 23, 2010

lets trade

Last night, Lily and I were making homemade suckers. She was having the best time! When we got them all made, she asked if she could lick the spoon. I said yes. She cleaned hers off fairly quickly and then she noticed that I still had mine. She said, “hey momma, let’s trade. You can have my spoon and I will take yours…” Of course, all the good stuff was gone from hers so I got an empty spoon in the trade.

As I watched my sweet daughter something occurred to me. That is what my relationship with Jesus looks like. Okay Lord, let’s trade. You take all my sin, my ugliness, my emptiness and trade me for complete fulfillment and peace in You. Better still, God beckons us to do this. Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest…for my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Today, what are you holding on to? Why not trade it in for the peace that passes all understanding?

No comments:

Post a Comment