Wednesday, February 17, 2010

wait on daddy

Yesterday we all (John, Lily, Claire and I) got home at the same time. I took Claire and Lily and was about to walk in the house when Lily sternly told me, "wait on daddy. we can't go in the house without him." My goodness, what was i thinking...trying to take a step without him?!

As we stood there waiting, it occurred to me how many times I take a step without waiting on My Daddy, My Abba Father. I just run ahead without thinking. When I really need to heed Lily Beth's words...."wait on daddy, we can't go without Him."


From Sherri - Barrett update:

Barrett is doing wonderful he is weighing in at a whopping 2lb 2 oz and measuring 14 ¼ inches

He is on fortifier for weight gain (pumping him up)
Up to 20cc a feeding

He has had some difficulty with constipation and they have been taking out about 5cc residual after feedings. However I just talked to Chase and the residual is down to about 3cc, hoping that this means that he is tolerating the fortifier better. These things seem to fluctuate a lot from day to day. One nurse said in the NICU it is taking two steps forward one step back.

He is a remarkable little guy and has a lot of spunk. Like most babies he enjoys being naked and gives them fits when they try to put the diapers back on. For a small guy he can really squirm and stretch those little legs out.

Kaci and Chase are the only ones holding him however; we are getting to touch him now.

Thanks for all of the prayers
Meggs Nease

No comments:

Post a Comment