Tuesday, March 30, 2010

why wait

I got to talk to a lady at the gym the other day. She started talking about why she was working out. She told me that she was going on vacation in two weeks and wanted to be is great shape. Then she said, I may have waited a little too long!

I thought about her comment while I was running. I do the same thing spiritually. I wait until the very last minute to consult God on my life. I wait until the week before I make a huge decision, then start praying about it. I wait until I am sick, then I pray for healing. I wait until the money is tight before I ask for provision and guidance where my finances are concerned. Why do we do this? What would happen if we consulted God the moment we had a thought…the second an opportunity arose, what if He was the first person we told about it? Why not live our lives in such a way that HE is our constant go to instead of our last resort…

No comments:

Post a Comment