Monday, March 15, 2010

to please...

Yesterday, the girls and I were getting ready to come home from OKC. Lily said something about how excited she was to come home. My mom hugged her and said, “Don’t you want to stay at GG’s?” My mom said this to her out of love and in a joking manner, but Lily’s immediate response was, “I want to stay here…” In an instant, I saw my tiny daughter in a different light. Her heart is so beautiful. She has such a precious recognition of others feelings. Already at age 3, she aims to please.

Why do we strive so greatly to please other people in our lives, and please Jesus only when it suits us. Galatians 1:10 “Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.” Our lives should be lived in reckless abandon to our Savior. Pleasing Him through our worship of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment