Tuesday, April 6, 2010

weight

Okay, I am such a people watcher - love it! This morning I was people watching at the gym. One set of people captivated my attention. There was one guy attempting to lift weights AND watch a pretty girl at the same time. The more he thought she was watching, the more weight he added. After a while, this poor guy was struggling under way more weight than he could handle. But, he kept trying...struggling...fighting to lift a weight that was way beyond his limit.
As I lifted my tiny weights, I realized that is what my spiritual life looks like. I struggle and fight to carry a weight that is beyond what I can handle. I carry my own burden, my own brokenness until I am exhuasted. How many of us are doing that at this moment? Who among us is carrying a weight that is too heavy...and yet we continue to try. It's time to stop adding to the weight...it's time to lay it at the foot of the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment