Wednesday, April 7, 2010

mundane

This morning when I got to the gym, I hopped on the treadmill, as I do every morning...it's my routine. Well today was a cardio day...big cardio. I usually just up the incline, speed and mileage. But today I realized that my cardio was very mundane. My body has gotten used to the routine therein taking away the challenge and growth opportunities.

So, i decided to hop on the bike. I chose a program and off I went. 5 miles later, I was sweating and pushing to complete the last series. Whew. It was amazing! As I fell off the bike and headed out the door, the Lord prompted me with a question. Why is it that you are okay with a mundane spiritual life, but you will challenge yourself physically? Ouch. I get so caught up in my routine...that I don't realize how mundane my walk with Christ is. Or worse, I DO realize it and am perfectly fine to continue living it. Where is your walk today??

*on an informative note* I am taking a huge leap of faith in my career...by starting a new one! April 15th will be my last day at DHS. I am going to be an orthodontic assistant for Dr. Bruce Reeder in Lawton. Yes, he knows I know ZERO! But, he is willing to teach and I am willing to learn! Fire up for new jobs! Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment